At Wild Poppy, we are committed to doing our part in protecting our environment and the wonderful animals that inhabit our world. It is our policy to seek continual improvement throughout our business operations to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy, water and other natural resources, reducing waste generation, recycling and reducing our use of toxic materials. We are committed to environmental excellence and pollution prevention, meeting or exceeding all environmental regulatory requirements, and to purchasing products which have greater recycled content with lower toxicity and packaging, that reduce the use of natural resources.
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) Policy
Preference will be given to purchasing products and services that are cruelty free, and have the following environmentally friendly attributes with acceptable parameters for price, quality and delivery:
- Maximises post-consumer recycled content.
- Minimises packaging and other wastes.
- Minimises toxicity.
- Are durable and reusable.
- Are more locally available to minimise transportation.
- Are made from sustainably produced materials.
- Are compostable or biodegradable.
- Conserves energy, water and other natural resources.
The goal of this policy is to ensure that products and services purchased or contracted for conform to the goals of our company’s environmental policy. We will also favour suppliers who strive to improve their environmental performance, provide environmentally preferable products, and who can document the supply chain impacts of their efforts.
Wherever possible, purchasing decisions will favour products and services that:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Are made with renewable energy.
- Reduce pollution from all discharges (releases to air, water, and land).
- Reduce the use of toxic materials hazardous to the environment, employees and public health.
- Contain the highest possible percentage of post-consumer recycled content.
- Reduce packaging and other waste.
- Are energy efficient.
- Conserve water.
- Are reusable and/or durable.
- Minimise transportation (local sources, concentrated products).